Friday, January 8, 2010

No Stopping

I am too tired to cry. I want to but I am just utterly exhausted from this week. I feel like I started out Monday on a race course and I don’t see the end in sight. It has just been a long freaking week.

I am a little proud of myself for all that I accomplished this week. My multi-tasking has hit an all time high. I scrub the shower while I wash my hair, I brush my teeth and fold laundry and eat dinner while I blog. There just isn’t down time – not now and not ever.

I am not happy that I have rushed my children through this endlessly long week. There was very little fun and barely any laughs or smiles from any of us. I have not enjoyed this week at all and their childhood has been pushed aside for things that must be done. I have more respect for my working friends than ever before and more so for any single moms I know. Ladies – I don’t know how you all did it without bitching and moaning like I am now.

I have a night stand full of books I never get to read. They are either Jewish books of mourning that people send me or give me or vampire books that I look at every night before I fall into the abyss of my bed – for an hour or two. I have so many shows saved on my DVR that I can’t watch and a boot leg of New Moon calling to me – but I have no time for relaxing – those days are far far over.

This weekend does not look any easier as far as I can tell. I have birthday parties and ballet and family coming to visit. The non-stop world I now live in is not giving me a break.

Would this be the life my husband wished upon me? I don’t think so. I don’t even blame him for the mad mad world I now embrace. Most of my life is very much the same – there is just more work, more planning and more sadness added to the mix. I haven’t had time to mourn him this week – expect for my brief visit to him on Tuesday – I haven’t had time to think about our life together and what has happened. Are these distractions a blessing? I am still not sure.

I seem to think about him here and there and then I realize I am going to cry hysterically and just stop myself. There is no room for sorrow right now. I must just keep going.

I am thinking about thinking about going to therapy next month. My friend found a group that meets once a month – “woman whose husband’s have committed suicide”. I guess that would be me. Though when I think about group therapy all I picture is “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” and I worry about who is going to be there. I picture all the crazy people talking to invisible pets and yelling out curses and all the insane people who seek out group therapy. Then I think about “Fight Club” and all the people who join group therapy just for the thrill. Maybe I am looking for reasons not to go. Maybe I will fit in perfectly to a motley group of woman who have lost everything and need to vent.

I think mostly I am afraid of sitting in a room with a bunch of strangers and then I will start to cry and not be able to stop. I have never been good at first impressions and don’t see me starting now.

I am too tired to write – I feel like my thoughts are all over the place this evening and I must stop. I don’t feel inspired like I have in the past.

Let me sum up – I miss my husband so much I can’t breathe. I feel like a crappie mother and my house is a disaster.

I pray for a better way to live. I pray that all that haunts me soon has some closure and I pray that my children sleep till 8 a.m.

1 comment:

  1. I felt like you do when I lost my most prized possetion, my son who drank himself to death. I've been attending a 12 step program for 8 years, they are the ONLY ones who know what I'm going through. Your friends are are of great help but there lives return to normal as soon as they are out of your sight. The strangers that you have mention won't be strangers after a couple of meetings or less. You will have someone to call, who knows of your heart ache and will listen to you. The group that I go to have helped me to keep my sanity and lead a faily normal life without my son. They say time heals, it doesn't heal you just don't dwell on the loss as many hours in the. Jim Conides, Jeannie's step dad.

    ReplyDelete